One of the greatest things about the WordPress community is the willingness to share knowledge with others. There are so many great tutorials out there covering topics from designing a custom login to navigating the WordPress database.
Below I have compiled a few of the WordPress tutorials I have found to be most useful and otherwise interesting through the course of 2008, enjoy.
- The Definitive Guide to Semantic Web Markup for Blogs – Written by the creator of Thesis, Chris Pearson. This one is a bit older than 2008, but it is a necessary addition as so many people out there are using WordPress themes “out of the box” and still overlooking this simple mistake.
- Building Custom WordPress Theme – WebDesignerWall.com
- Create You Own WordPress Login Design – WPEngineer.com
- 11 Best Ways to Improve WordPress Security – Problogdesign.com
- How I Used a WordPress Child Theme to Redesign My Blog the Smart Way – Themeshaper.com
- WordPress SEO – The Definitive Guide to High Rankings for Your Blog – Yoast.com
- Anatomy of a WordPress Plugin Nettuts.com by Jarkko Laine
- Creating Custom Write Panels in WordPress – wefunction.com
- Designing For WordPress, Part 1 – A Screencast – Css-tricks.com
- How to use WordPress as a Truly Customized CMS – Selene M Bowlby – idesignstudios.com
- The Power of WordPress Custom Fields – RedSwish.co.uk
- How to Make a Featured Post Carousel for WordPress – Nettuts.com by James Lao
- Building a WordPress/Website Live Ajax Search Using jQuery – xcodetuts.com
- How to Create a WordPress Theme From Scratch – Nettuts.com (2 Part)
- Build a “Wordburner” Email Newsletter Manager Using WordPress and Feedburner – Nettuts.com
I hope that you have found some of these to be useful, happy customizing!
Update: I will also be clearing my delicious bookmarks as I have time and publishing a link to the feed for all of the posts I tag ‘wordpress tutorials’. It may be useful to some.